FPGA Engineer with DSP EmphasisTucson, AZ & Cincinnati, OH
ICR has opportunities available for experienced and motivated FPGA designers with knowledge related to Digital Signal Processing (DSP). If you are interested in talking with us to find out more about this position and how you can take your career to the next level, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implementation, test, and integration of high speed FPGA designs incorporating DSP algorithms and techniques
- Design, implementation, test, and integration of high speed digital logic circuit cards incorporating FPGA devices
The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical talent, effective oral and written communication skills, passion about his or her work, is excited by learning about and applying new technologies, and has a sense of ownership about his or her work and an entrepreneurial spirit. He or she will have some coursework or experience with digital logic, FPGA devices, and design using a hardware description language such as VHDL (preferred) or Verilog; or he or she will have some coursework or experience with Digital Circuit Card schematic design
Required Skills and Qualifications
An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelors of Science Degree in EE or CE is strongly preferred, or an equivalent Bachelor’s degree in an associated technical education with 3+ years related experience will be considered.
- Coursework in digital integrated circuit design, digital circuit card design, or VLSI design.
- High level of self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small team settings to solve complex problems.
- Experience with VHDL (preferred) or Verilog
- Experience with hardware and software reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of stochastic signal processing and digital communications.
- Excellent organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Python, C/C++, and/or other programming languages
- Knowledge of Linux and associated development tools.
- Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase/Bitbucket is a plus.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret with SBI security clearance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Active Top Secret w/ SBI Security Clearance.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Five (5) years of experience.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms implementation in FPGAs
- Experience with modern communication modulations (OFDM, QAM, etc.)
- Experience with distributed software version control systems and continuous integration, such as git
ICR is an employee-owned company that is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. In addition to the industry’s most competitive salaries, we offer each employee equity in their company, a generous retirement plan, company-paid health care benefits and a flexible paid time off policy.
ICR funds a Profit Sharing Plan (PSP) for every employee at an additional 25% of your base salary. These funds are deposited in a tax-deferred account, with no vesting period, that allows you to decide on the investment strategy best for you.
ICR also funds an Individual Benefits Account (IBA) for every employee at an additional 25% of your base salary. These funds are available immediately and can be used to reimburse expenses such as health insurance, medical expenses, paid time off, elected training and an array of other qualified pre-tax expenses.
Who We Are
ICR was founded with the mission to be the first to identify and solve the Intelligence and Defense Communities’ toughest engineering and operational problems by establishing a true partnership with our Customers. Despite our advanced degrees and heavy R&D focus, it is our hands-on experience and scars from the field that will enable us to create very practical and reliable solutions.
Our purpose at ICR is to establish an employee-owned company where the best minds in their career field want to work. Our Customer’s problems will become our own and our employees will wake up each day wanting to solve them. Through a culture of stewardship and calculated risk-taking, we hope to mentor, develop and ultimately transition ICR’s ownership and leadership from our earliest employees to our future generation of employees.
Ignite Your Passion & Join Our Team
Back to Careers Page